Sunshine quilt

Sunshine quilt

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Shadow pinwheel - the top is complete


Well I've finished piecing the top and I am really pleased with it. So glad I didn't resort to a kit. I'm pleased with the colour choice and how the brights work together. But the sharp eyed among you will see I got one of the patches the wrong way round.Damn! However the good news is that I unpicked it with very little trouble and it is now correct. Just waiting for further quilting supplies. 6 yards of green Kaffe shirt stripes for the backing and a yard of purple and cerise dots for the binding from America. Then some Quilters Dream thin wadding and a can of 505 basting spray and I'm away. I waited to see if I liked the top before splashing out on expensive backing but the general consensus is that it is worth it!!

1 comment:

  1. This quilt is absolutely gorgeous! I love the rich saturated colours that you have selected! Full of energy and movement. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!